Publish Date - September 23, 2020
Categories:   Useful Automotive Information
7+ Quick Tips And Tricks To Polish A Car
Cars are undoubtedly the best invention mankind has possibly made, isn’t that right? They are an inevitable part of our daily lives, so it becomes our responsibility to keep them spotless and shiny throughout the year, every year.
Cars are undoubtedly the best invention mankind has possibly made, isn’t that right? They are an inevitable part of our daily lives, so it becomes our responsibility to keep them spotless and shiny throughout the year, every year. We have to take care of our cars as they are our most prized possessions.
Are you looking for some tricks and tips to polish your car that’ll keep it looking as good as new? Do you want to polish your car at home and save yourself an expensive trip to a nearby garage? If yes, then surely this article is for you because, as the name suggests, here’s a bunch of simple yet important tips that’ll help you polish your car that’ll keep it looking young.
Can you polish your car at home?
Yes, you can polish your car at home, by yourself using a bare minimum of cleaning equipment which is usually available at your place, and if not, you can buy them from a store very easily. You do not need to buy any expensive buff machine for polishing your car as you only have to polish your car once a year and not more than that.
The only cleaning tools you would need are microfiber cloths, a water hose, a bucket, car polish, and wax. This is all that you’ll need to give your car a smooth and lustrous finish.
What are some of the essential tips and tricks to polish your car?
Mentioned below are 7+ easy and quick tips that will be helpful to you for polishing your car. Read along to know more about it.
- The first thing and this goes without questioning, WASH YOUR CAR. Do not skip this step before you begin with polishing your car. You might think that your car looks fine but to get that smooth finish on your car, you need to remove all of the dirt that might be in your car.
- You can make your own homemade car washing liquid. For this, mix a few drops of dishwashing soap along with some baking soda to warm water and mix well.
- Another pro tip is to park your car in a shaded spot, where there is no direct sunlight. This will give your car the polish it requires instead of a dull one.
- If your car is of a darker color, then make sure to use softer polishing compounds and softer pads as they are more prone to getting swirl marks after polishing. You can use the harsher ones for light-colored cars.
- To give that amount of shine to your car, you can use synthetic wax instead of the normal ones. This will give a really glossy feel to your car.
- Are you running out of polish? Don’t worry, you can simply replace it with a hair conditioner, and it’ll give you the same end result- a perfect shine and glint.
- One simple yet important tip for wiping off the wax is that as the wax is drying, use a microfiber cloth to remove the wax instead of using a normal cloth because the latter will ruin the finish.
- The pad you are using for applying the polish should remain damp at all times, or else it will damage the coat you applied.
- The best way to check if the polish and wax have been appropriately applied in all the places is to place your car under sunlight. By doing this, you can ensure that the polish and wax have been applied throughout, and no spot has been left.
These were all the tips and tricks for polishing your car. I hope you found it to be helpful. And I am sure you will have a great fun time trying these tricks out.