back to articles | December 31, 2018 | Dale Peterson
Categories:   Auto Loans & Financing
Cash for Clunkers Financing
The government of the United States is offering $3,500 and $4,500 vouchers for vehicles traded in toward the purchase of a new car.
Here is a quick overview of the Cash for Clunkers program.
- Visit the www.CARS.gov for current information about the program.
- Determine if you qualify for the program and locate a dealer.
- When you purchase or lease a new vehicle the dealer handles the submission to the NHTSA.
- NHTSA ensures that your purchase meets all of the requirements.
- About 10 days later the NHTSA credits the dealer if all requirements were met.
There are several restrictions to the program and it doesn't last forever.
- New car purchases only (no used vehicles allowed)
- Car must be purchased between July 1, 2009 and November 1, 2009
- No cars older than 25 years
- You must be able to drive your car to the dealership for trade in
For a complete list of restrictions visit www.cashforclunkerfacts.com
Don't wait. This is a first come first serve program. The funds to the program are limited and it will end before November 1, 2009 once the funds are gone.