back to articles | December 31, 2018 | Dale Peterson
Categories:   Tips & Insights For Car Buying    Vehicle & Buying Research
Tips for Buying a New Automobile
Automobile Buying Tips
An automobile is one of the most important and costly purchases you may make. By preparing yourself before you start shopping, you can make the buying process much easier. Besides helping you decide what is best for you, your research and preparation will help you get the best deal. The following is a list of tips you should remember when buying a new automobile:
Automobile Buying Tip #1
• Decide how much money you can spend and what type of automobile best suits your needs.
Automobile Buying Tip #2
• Research the various models to determine those that are the safest, most reliable, and otherwise suitable.
Automobile Buying Tip #3
• Narrow your choices to several new automobiles. Do not make the mistake of having your heart set on one automobile – it may reduce your bargaining power.
Automobile Buying Tip #4
• Obtain updated price lists to compare dealer costs with prices listed on the window sticker. You will know how much bargaining room you have on the basic automobile and individual options.
Automobile Buying Tip #5
• Get a firm quote, in writing from the dealer
Automobile Buying Tip #6
• Shop around at several dealerships. Check out their reliability with the local Better Business Bureau.
Automobile Buying Tip #7
• Keep all negotiation separate. Consider the questions about financing, service contracts, trade-ins, or other extras after you have settled on a price.
Automobile Buying Tip #8
• If negotiation over prices bothers you, consider anautomobile-buying service.
Automobile Buying Tip #9
• Obtain pre-approved financing through myAutoloan.com.
Automobile Buying Tip #10
• Test drive the new automobile before purchasing it.
Automobile Buying Tip #11
• Read and understand the contract throughly before signing.
Automobile Buying Tip #12
• Inspect your new automobile carefully before driving off the automobile lot.